What To Do With All That Leftover Turkey?
I hope you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving! Hopefully everyone survived without gaining too much weight and even more importantly, without causing any kind of smoke or fire damage in your home!
Now the big question… what to do with all those leftovers?! I am here to help! I absolutely love my job and the amazing people I work with here at 24Restore, but when I am not working, I am cooking! (…or Ubering kids!!!!)
Here is one of my favorite recipes for that leftover turkey! It is quick and easy to prepare with cheesy layers the kids will love. If you are a spice lover like myself, it is easy to control and play around with this one!
Turkey Enchilada Casserole
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella/cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup red peppers (or any color bell pepper on hand)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- Optional – 1 can fire roasted green chilies (for mild) or jalapenos (for medium) *use both for HOT!
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ Tbls. Cumin
- Pinch of oregano
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- 2 large tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except for 1 cup of the cheese, tortilla chips and 1 tortilla.
- Grease bottom of 9×9 baking dish and place 1 large tortilla
- Layer with ½ of turkey mixture
- Add ½ of the tortilla chips
- Repeat layer
- Top with rest of the shredded cheese
- Cover with lid or foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
Garnish with cilantro, lime wedges, a dollop of sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole.
I have done so many variations of this recipe depending on what I have (or don’t have) on hand! Works great with steak, chicken or pork also!