Will April snow showers bring May flowers?
I have no doubt that everyone who lives in Minneapolis and surrounding areas are asking themselves this very same question!
I am trying to remain positive but have found myself singing “Snow, snow go away…” ! Unfortunately even worse than April snow showers, a late spring freeze after brief warm-ups can cause damage to pipes leading to water damage and even sewage backups. NO homeowner wants to find their wet bar turned into a soaking wet bar and your ping-pong table into an island.
To help prevent such a disaster check out these 5 very helpful tips and for more information check out some of our recent blogs:
Here are 5 tips for keeping your home safe from seepage!
- Gutters and Downspouts – Make sure your gutters and downspouts are clean and in good working condition so that when the water melts it is directed away from the home.
- Remove Snow – Shovel the snow approximately a few feet away from your home. Keeping as much snow away from your dwelling will lessen the amount of potential water seepage.
- Use Window Well Guards – Keep these protected from damage with window well guards. Snow melting in window wells are an easy path for water to leak into your basement.
- Caulking – Caulk any cracks in the foundation and areas between sidewalks or driveways and the home to prevent water from intruding and safeguard from any seepage.
- Grading/Direct Water Away – Make sure you have a downward slope, to direct water away rather than toward. If you have landscaping around your house, laying heavy plastic under rocks/chip cans further divert water away from your house.
Every homeowner with a basement imagines that horror. If it should happen to you, don’t retreat into a fetal position on your couch and hope for a miracle, call 24Restore! Our highly trained staff is here to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! We will ease the stress of the horror and take care of everything that is needed; 24Restore is the only call you have to make. One of our core values is serving others (the way you want to be served) and that is something that all of our Team Members take pride in!
I am feeling hopeful! I think this is just a little hiccup in the weather and we will be back on track in a couple short weeks!
~ the people ~ the equipment ~ the expertise ~