Is Deep Fried Turkey On Your Thanksgiving Menu?
If you have never had it all I can say is what are you waiting for?! As delicious as it is, it is also very dangerous and has been responsible for many garag, decks and home fire damages throughout the years. Frying food is the greatest factor in cooking fires, so educate yourself before you start. Here is some great information to get started!
Dangers Of Deep-Frying A Turkey
- Turkey fryers can easily tip over, spilling hot cooking oil over a large area.
- An overfilled cooking pot will cause cooking oil to spill when the turkey is put in, and a partially frozen turkey will cause cooking oil to splatter when put in the pot.
- Even a small amount of cooking oil spilling on a hot burner can cause a large fire.
- Without thermostat controls, deep fryers can overheat oil to the point of starting a fire.
- The sides of the cooking pot, lid and pot handles can get dangerously hot. #1 tip I have been told is to make sure your turkey is 100% thawed and even brought to room temperature.
There are quite a few good videos on youtube that show how fast deep-frying a turkey can get out of control along the do’s and don’ts.
Done safely though this is my all time absolute favorite way to eat turkey! Be safe and enjoy! Gobble Gobble!,
The 24Restore family wishes you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!