Candle Fire Safety Tips for Fall
It must be fall because I am seeing signs for “Pumpkin Spice” everywhere!!! If you are one of those obsessed pumpkin spice lovers that can’t be satisfied by only eating or drinking it, you also need to light it to make the experience even more alive!!! Here are some safety tips to help prevent a smoke or fire damage while enjoying that glorious aroma in your home or office!
Candle Burning Safety Tips
- Remove all packaging before lighting.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets. Use holders designed for the particular candle style.
- Keep wick(s) trimmed to 1/8 inches at all times.
- If smoking occurs, blow candle out. Trim wick(s), remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any combustible material. Keep the wick centered.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Keep all matches and lighters out of the reach of children.
- Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
Fire prevention is the best way to avoid experiencing a fire in your home. Enjoy the season, but always remember to play it safe. If your home does suffer from fire damage, you can trust 24Restore to restore your home and your belongings back to normal.