5 Quick Tips To Prep Your Home For Spring
Spring is definitely in the air these past few days and will be even more this coming weekend!
When season’s change, many homeowners will begin to realize some of the effects the winter months had on their home—broken pipes, cracked hose bibs, sump pump failures, etc. After a Minnesota winter (even if it’s a mild one like we experienced this year) we usually always embrace the warmer temps to get out and work in the yard etc. Here are some tips to get you rolling with your spring maintenance and to help avoid a water damage that could have been prevented.
- Clear debris from places such as your downspouts and any area surrounding your sump pump discharge line.
- With any upcoming rain we could encounter, it’s very important to inspect your sump pump discharge line to make sure nothing is clogged or blocked.
- Test your sump pump! All too often we see flooded basements due to sump pump malfunctions.
- Visually inspect your property for blockages or obstructions that could prevent any remaining melting snow from draining (although around the Minneapolis and St. Paul area we don’t have to really worry about this one!!!)
- If you’re able to, clear debris such as leaves, twigs etc. from your gutters so water can drain appropriately.
- Visually inspect your outside pipes for leaks and damage.
- This is especially important when it comes to your hose bib (outdoor faucet), although it might be a little early to turn your outside water back on. Once the weather gets a bit warmer, (usually by May 1st we are good to go!) this is definitely something you’ll want to keep in mind.
While this is a short list, they’re important to keep in mind! If you do find yourself with a water damage issue 24Restore is always here to help 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year.
Enjoy the Weekend!!!