Professional Content Cleaning After A Disaster
Water and fire disasters come in many different experiences and there is nothing more devastating to a homeowner then to see their home damaged. Anger, fear, disbelief, and shock are just a few of the emotions that you and your family will go through after a disaster. More often than not, these disasters can cause severe damage to your property and personal belongings. That is where professional content restoration companies come into play.
What is content cleaning?
Content cleaning is the detailed cleaning, drying, sanitizing, deodorization, and resurfacing of most household items that have been affected by a disaster. The content cleaning process helps to return your personal items back to their original condition. Content cleaning can help salvage family mementos, valuable art items such as painting, jewelry, and treasured pictures.
After any disaster, it is important to secure your property to minimize any further damage. Inspect personal property only if it is safe to do so. Take inventory so you can determine what can be saved and what must be replaced. This process can be overwhelming and it would be more than beneficial to contact a professional content cleaning company to do this for you. The professionals have an eye for what can be restored to pre-damaged condition. There may be more of your belongings that can be salvaged than you expect.
There may be some situations that require that your personal belongings be removed and relocated for immediate and thorough cleaning, restoration, and decontamination. If your home has suffered from extensive water or fire damage it is often easier, safer, and more cost-efficient to have your belongings taken to a secure facility to start the cleaning and restoration process.
Most content cleaning companies will provide what is called a pack-out service. This is where they will inventory and record your belongings, safely package and transport your belongings to their secure facility where the cleaning and restoration process will take place. Reputable companies will require meticulous documentation of your belongings to ensure that nothing is misplaced. In some cases, if your belongings cannot be returned home immediately after the cleaning and restoration process, the professionals will safely package and store your belongings in their facility until they can be delivered to your home.
- Artwork and Antiques
- Documents and Books
- VHS and DVD media
Here are just a few of the ways that professionals clean salvageable items.
Methods of content cleaning.
- Dry cleaning is used for removing light to medium non-grease soils, or per-treating to remove excess soil before wet or immersion cleaning.
- Wet cleaning, an aggressive method of removing medium to heavy soiling on items that can be cleaned with chemicals.
- Spray and wipe, a method used when items may be damaged by chemical cleaning products.
- Abrasive cleaning consists of agitation of the surfaces before being cleaned.
- Immersion cleaning, effective for items that can be submerged in the cleaning chemicals.
- Ultrasonic, having a frequency of 20,000 hertz or more and uses sound waves and vibrations for heavily smoked items that can be immersed in cleaning chemicals.